I thought I’d start by sharing some facts that you may find interesting about me:
- I’m an immigrant – I moved to the UK in 2012 to learn English with the ERASMUS program, but I was born and raised in Italy. Living abroad has been the best experience of my life and it has shaped my view of the world immensely. I’ve lived in London for the past 4 and a half years now, and I truly consider it my home. This also means that English is my second language, so any typos in my posts… you’ll just have to deal with it!
- I’m a certified Events Manager – I wore several hats in the 10 years that I’ve been in the world of work. Events, however, had been a dream of mine since I was little. When the time came to choose my career path in Italy, events were not an option. I choose books instead, but I could never forget my other passion. So last year I studied events management and moved to a job that would combine publishing and events. Best decision ever!
- I ran a Not for Profit – To be able to say that you ran a company whilst in your 20s is absolutely amazing. I will talk a little bit more about this soon, but safe to say that it has been a once in a lifetime opportunity and that I learnt so much from this.
- I read more than one book at once – Yes, I’m one of those people. I’m a firm believer that there is such a thing as the right book at the right time. I love to have a book to read before going to sleep, one for my commute, one for the weekend or holidays, etc… I’m also a very slow reader in English, but I do manage to read a lot anyway.
- I’m a minimalist – this is a very new thing that I embraced in 2018 after realising that my anxiety was closely linked with my lifestyle and immediate environment. Decluttering has become a ritual for me and I’m working towards reducing not only what I own, but also the waste I produce.
- I’m scared of butterflies – I have no idea how I develop this phobia, but I absolutely hate butterflies. No point singing their praises with me, I know everybody thinks they are beautiful, but hey, phobias are irrational right?